Monday 29 December 2014


                  New Headband Sensors for 2015
Not been building anything foe a wee while, due to my 'Everest Trek' so today had a go at making my new headband sensors, designed the model and how I wanted it to look then asked 'Berk' on the site to do the schematics for the board.
Berk had them made up and this video shows them working.  Will load photos of the acyclic sensors on the headband when I get a chance too.                       Video at:  http://youtu.be/XYPlmnZAox0

Feb 2015, just about to put together the resin sensors,  would anyone like me to video the resin process?

4 comments:


  1. Scorpy,

    Been reviewing your work for years, and very well done and creative. I’m going to attempt the resin for my sensors as I can’t justify the price for 30 poly domes. I’m going to be using clear cast, clear casting epoxy. Any reason this product wouldn’t work, or others you would recommend? Also my pcb boards are identical to miles tag with the exception they only hold two receivers instead of 3; any ideas of receiver placement and placement on the head bands? Thanks scorpy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skunx - don't see any problems using Clear Cast, we regards receiver placement , one forward facing and the other side facing. My new sensor have two (one forward the other back) but both leaning back at a angle of about 45%, have used them and found them ok, but not tested them over a long distance. Tip, try and use the resin up as quick, as it tends to go hard in the can once opened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still sell this boards and components or do you have schematics and component lists and further info have them made? I live in the states and love this smaller design. Did you ever design or find a box or cover that works with this boards instead of the the traditional dome covers? Is there an email that's best to PM you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jarrett, sorry I don't sell them as just made them for our group, I designed the layout then got Tony at www.tagbits.co.uk - www.funwithelectrons.blogspot.com to get them made up, contact Tony I'm sure he would sell you some. With regards covers I never use them as I fully immerse mine in clear acrylic resin with a small amount of coloured pigment. been using these for years with no problems. Scorpy

      Delete